CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Annotation

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 03:38 PM

Dimension orientation

I'm just re-starting the learning curve on Aggravation Module. Used SolidDesigner for many years while at HP until I retired, but it's *not* like riding a bicycle! Especially when they keep changing how the bicycle works ;~)

I'm currently using CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition Rev3 and have a question about dimension orientation.

Keeping it basic ... single dimensions ... in most cases, the automatic vertical/horizontal orientation works just fine. But when dimensioning between features that are not lined up directly above or beside each other, the dimension goes off at an angle.

I'm looking for a way to tell the system "make this one horizontal," etc. Can't find an icon to do this. Is there something I'm missing?

What I've been able to do as a workaround so far is to enter :vertical or :horizontal in the command line, or else bring up dimension properties afterward and change the orientation. All these are kind of slow (for one thing, I'm not a great typist), and I'm hoping to find a quicker way.

Thanks!

- John Herrmann
Old 04-09-2013, 11:25 PM

Re: Dimension orientation

Hello John,
right klick mouse opens a context dependent menu with the options where you are looking for.
But if you clicks not the endpoints of the elements what you want to dimension but rather the flank
of them the system recognizes it to make the dimension as "perpendicular to" the first element.
Friedly
Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 AM

Friedly -

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to have taken so long to respond.

Right clicking does indeed get me exactly what I was looking for! I don't understand how I failed to think of right clicking when I first encountered the difficulty. I usually check that right away. Ah, well...

As for clicking "on the flank" of the elements to be dimensioned, I tried it (in several variations), and unfortunately it doesn't work - at least in the software rev. I'm using. The selection point always snaps to an endpoint.

Nevertheless, you've given me what I needed. Thanks again.

- John
Old 04-13-2013, 09:59 AM

Hello John
Quote:
Originally Posted by hman View Post
The selection point always snaps to an endpoint.
yes, that's right, the dimension always hang at the ends but if you click like in the picture
although most dimensions will immediately have the correct orientation.
I used also the Personal Edition Rev3 to draw this exemple.

Friedly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dimension-orientation.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	1889  
Attached Files
File Type: txt dimension-orientation.bd2.txt (23.2 KB, 400 views)