CoCreate User Forum

CoCreate User Forum (https://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/index.php)
-   Annotation (https://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   How do I register a frame? (https://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8188)

tbombardo 12-23-2014 07:28 AM

How do I register a frame?

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to learn how to register a custom drawing frame that I've created so I can use it in the software but I can't seem to figure it out...

I've kind of been self-taught on this software and some of the command line-style functions are still pretty foreign to me.

I've saved my frame as a .mi file (default.mi)

but can't seem to get past that when it comes to the docu-register-frame stuff...

I'm just not sure where I input that information, as everywhere I've tried so far just leads to errors and stuff. Anyone out there familiar with this process that could give me a quick runthrough?

Friedly 12-24-2014 01:40 AM

Re: How do I register a frame?

Hello,
you have to go to your roaming files for direct modeling/Annotarion and have a look for a file named am_customize. This file is read if you start Annotation.
There is a section with an example
;;Example: Frame registration
;(docu-register-frame
; :ui-name "Company-A0"
; :wm-name ""
; :file "/tmp/Company-A0"
; :default :everytime) ;; T/NIL/:everytime

also fill in:
(docu-register-frame
:ui-name "default.mi"
:wm-name "default.mi"
:file "C:/MyDocs/example/default.mi"
:default :everytime) ;; T/NIL/:everytime

Succes

tbombardo 01-07-2015 12:50 PM

Hey again. So I just added those lines to the am_customize file, but it's trying to get me to save it as a text file, which I'm assuming won't be read by creo. Is there a specific software I should be using to edit the file so I can save it in its original form?

Edit: I think I figured it out , my default file shows up in creo now as a frame, but nothing shows up when I open it. I'll play around with it, maybe I screwed something up when I saved the frame

Edit2: No clue what's going on... I saved my frame but just a single black point hows up on the screen when I try to open it.

Edit3: Well, I seem to have figured it out. I updated an existing drawing frame and saved it as default.mi and it worked fine. Not sure what I did wrong with my original, but at least I have a custom frame now. thanks for your help Friedly!

tom kirkman 01-08-2015 06:40 AM

:file "C:/MyDocs/example/default.mi"

The name and location of the frame can be made to whatever you desire.

You can have multiple frames each with a different name, each will have to be defined similar to how you did this one in sd_customize.

Regards

Tom

tbombardo 01-08-2015 07:00 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I had that all done right (I just put it right in my C: instead of inside any folders so that the path was C:/default.mi . I might try to revisit it again today, but I was planning to just modify an existing frame to match my desired default, and then just save that as a new default file and register it and hopefully it'll work this time. (the original frame I was trying to save as an MI was a bundle file that i'd been just dragging into creo every time I needed a frame, so maybe resaving a bundle as a .mi screwed it up )

Friedly 01-09-2015 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello tbombardo,

if you work with a full Version there is the oprtion to save a Frame.
In the personal Version (Express) this Option is unfortunately not available. :(

tbombardo 01-09-2015 10:49 AM

yep, I'd figured that out (after some confusion) . I have the pro version now. I got it all figured out now though, thanks!