CoCreate User Forum

CoCreate User Forum (https://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/index.php)
-   Annotation (https://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Getting a spline instead of radius (https://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6117)

gmatelich 02-06-2007 02:13 PM

Getting a spline instead of radius

using v14.5 OSD, I am occasionally getting situations as shown in the attached jpg. You are seeing the side view of a cylinder intersecting a cone, with a blend at the intersection, but instead of showing a radius Annotator is showing a spline. All other features are coming in right. Calc mode is classic, though I've tried econfast, and graphic modes. I have deleted and recreated the blend. I have tried creating a new drawing setting front direction off of various different faces. In all cases, I am still stuck w/ splines.

Any ideas what needs to change?

Thanks

gmatelich 02-06-2007 02:15 PM

Re: Getting a spline instead of radius

I seem to be blocked from attaching the .jpg - i'll add it when I can.

gmatelich 02-06-2007 02:54 PM

I've been playing with the blend. It was originally a .3" radius, I changed it to curve continuous and it was still a spline, I changed it to R.6 and it was still a spline, I changed it to R.15 and it updated as a radius this time instead of a spline. I changed it to R.25 and it was still a radius, but then I chnaged it back to R.3 and it turned back into a spline. . .

Crazy stuff.

gmatelich 02-07-2007 06:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ah hah - when the radius of the blend exceeds the radius of the cylinder upon which it's placed the blend is represented as a spline.

Unfortunate limitation. Luckily the radius wasn't important to me so I made it smaller to eliminate the spline.

Happily I was also able to include the jpg this time.

Thanks for helping me work through the issue - :D

Maarten 02-07-2007 06:54 AM

Your welcome. :)

Steve 02-21-2007 07:23 AM

Quote:

You are seeing the side view of a cylinder intersecting a cone, with a blend at the intersection, but instead of showing a radius Annotator is showing a spline.
I see this limitation all the time when trying to do planar views of drafted or cast parts with lots of blends between drafted surfaces. There is a toggle you can set that will force Annotation to project geometry onto the view that allows you to dimension the "true" radius, but naturally that geometry is not associative to the model so if the model changes the dimension won't update.

It's a shame since you've already defined the radius in the model that you can't just "show" that dimension on the drawing. Why re-dimension what you've already dimensioned?

Steve

dszostak 02-21-2007 09:03 AM

This "unfortunate" limitation is something that needs to be reviewed by CoCreate Support as a potential fix for CoCreate OneSpace Modeling and Annotation.

gmatelich... can you please submit this model to CoCreate Support so we can classify this issue. Thanks.

Click here to contact CoCreate Support.