View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Re: Migration of CoCreateUsers.org forums to PTC Community

Hi Wolfgang,

Good questions. I wasn't part of the initial discussion with PTC, but am now involved, and have passed your questions along to them. I hope to have some answers soon!

Perhaps I can answer a couple of things (or at least start a discussion).

I'm not sure about the usernames, so I'm waiting for a response from them. I think preserving the usernames (at least in some fashion) would be very helpful. Because these message boards (including usernames) are viewable by the public without being a member, I don't believe there are any privacy concerns with showing those usernames in the PTC Community as well. Do you have other concerns about this? If anyone wants their username made anonymous (such as user1234), we could do that if they requested it.

As far as new posts, I don't believe PTC has any plans to keep this forum in sync with PTC Community once the initial copy is made. Any posts made here would be only here unless effort is made to post there, and vice versa.

I told PTC we needed more time to discuss with the folks here, so that's what we're doing. I know they would like to get resolution on this as soon as possible, but we want to do it right and give people a chance to discuss concerns (and this thread seems like the perfect place to do it).

I hope this helps to clarify things. Please let me know what else I can do to help.

Thanks!

andy
See them in action at www.ai-maxtools.com and then try them for yourself -- FREE!