View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 06:38 PM

OneSpace vs. SolidWorks

I have downloaded and looked over this OneSpace PE software, and have checked out some of the tutorials and webinars.

I've been a heavy duty SolidWorks user for ten years, I have a good idea what it can and cannot do. From what I've seen so far, OneSpace LOOKS very good.

Is there anyone in this forum that has a good feel for both of these CAD packages that could give me their opinion as to whether it would be worth my while to spend the time to become proficient enough with OneSpace that would eventually make me want to switch? I don't need to look at this in light of having a "more rounded" skill set. If someone could convince me that it would be worth my time, then I would definitely take the time. Otherwise, I've got plenty I can be doing with SolidWorks. Add to this that I would also want to convince the other three guys in my department at work that this would be a wise switch to make.

SolidWorks does fairly well for us, although it seems to get bogged down a bit on some of our larger and more mechanically complex assemblies. I'm just wondering if the grass is truly greener on the other side of the fence......

Thanks for your time and thoughts,

Steve R.