View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 03:41 PM

Re: OneSpace vs. SolidWorks

Thanks to all three of you for your input.

David, I have seen the webinar, and I even sent for the Webcast Center disks that are available. The threads you pointed out were interesting reading, too.

Marten - if your company selected OneSpace over SolidWorks because of its ease of use, well, then OneSpace must be EXTREMLY easy to learn! Several years ago when we switched from AutoCad to SW, I was amazed at how easy it was to use. This makes me think that jumping in to OneSpace should be a piece of cake! Maybe I should not be worrying so much about "wasting my time."

May, you brought up a point that I had been suspecting anyway....the power required to operate both systems. That's one of the reasons I've been looking to see if the "grass was greener" with some other software. SolidWorks is a fantastic tool, but sometimes we get into some designs that are maybe not all that big or complicated, but when we need to get those designs into a paper format - well - let's just say that regenerating some of these drawing views is not exactly what you'd call "instant."

So, consider me "jumping in" to see how this will help me out.

Steve R.