View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:19 AM

Can't load or save pkg files

I'm running Creo 17 on an HP Elitebook 8530w laptop running Windows 7 64 bit with 8 GB RAM. I have the METMPDIR system environment variable set to C:\SDTEMP. After changing my user account from administrator to standard user then back to administrator, I can't load or save pkg or sdexp files. I can save and load env files.

I get the following error message when trying to load a pkg file:

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling could not unpack the file "block.pkg". Either this file does not contain a saved package file, you do not have sufficient virtual memory, or no space is left in the directory "C:\SDTEMP/2ps08pa31u5qsah4832.autotmp". (Error -1)

I get the following error message when trying to load a .sdexp file:

This file doesn't exist (Error 151)

Only Cocreate uses the METMPDIR folder. Checking Windows Explorer file manager, there is no folder named '2ps08pa31u5qsah4832.autotmp' under c:\sdtemp. There are folders named 'step_database_4832' and 'MASTER' under c:\sdtemp, and Creo must have put them there.

- Entering (display (oli:sd-inq-temp-dir)) returns 'C:\SDTEMP/'.

- Entering (display (oli:sd-inq-file-status (oli:sd-inq-temp-dir) :write-access)) returns NIL.

- Entering (display (oli:sd-inq-file-status (oli:sd-inq-temp-dir) :read-access)) returns NIL.

- Entering (display (oli:sd-inq-error-obj :all)) directly after entering the above command returns '(SYSTEM ENOENT No such file or directory C:\SDTEMP/)'.

I believe that Creo uses the temp folder to pack & unpack pkg files. So, it looks to me like Creo is unable to access the temp folder to pack & unpack, but it can write to it for other things, as evidenced by the two folders that Creo put there.

- I've set permissions for C:\SDTEMP at full access for administrators and users groups, no difference.

- I created a new user account as administrator and installed Cocreate 2008 as a totally separate installation. (This was the only install DVD I had available.) Behavior is exactly as described above for Creo 17.

I'm stumped. Can anyone help?