CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Modules

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 07:04 AM

Jacketing a cable

I would like to know how to jacket an existing 20 inches long, 5-conductor cable which has bends and arcs. The 5-conductor cable overall diameter is 2 inches and I am trying to put a jacket (of wall thickness 0.5 inches) on top of that for a length of 10 inches from one end. And that 10 inches is not straight but goes through a bend and an arc. I am using Creo Direct Modeling 18.1 version, cabling module.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:45 AM

Re: Jacketing a cable

Are you designing your cables/wires just for visual purposes ? E.g you are interested to generate manufacturing drawing.

If this is the case, I think the better way would be , first to use a 'cable' with the desired jacket size and later split the cable at the end(s) into individual wires.

If you are interested in more tips about cabling and you have specific questions , feel free to contact me directly (private message) . We have experience in cabling specific issues