CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > General > Regional User Groups

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 05:01 PM

Attend PlanetPTC Virtual – CoCreate

Registration is open now for our first ever virtual conference: PlanetPTC Virtual - CoCreate. Registration is now available at: http://bit.ly/CCVC_Reg

The live event on July 28th is a unique opportunity to exchange ideas with peers and interact directly with CoCreate product experts.

Please check out the registration page to learn more about the conference, and then plan on joining us on July 28th.

Look forward to meeting you at the conference,
Old 07-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Re: Attend PlanetPTC Virtual – CoCreate

Thanks for posting Paul. So far I have not received anything about this from PTC formal communication channels. Will an announcement be sent to the distribution lists?

It is not clear to me how long this conference will be. The registration page indicates it starts at 9:00AM EDT which is pretty early for those of us on the West Coast. Can people attend any time or do we need to login at 9:00AM EDT?

What about people in other time time zones? For example, we have people in Asia Pacific. At 9:00AM EDT it is 9:00PM in Singapore/Malaysia/China. Is there an option for them to attend at a better time?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scheffel View Post
Thanks for posting Paul. So far I have not received anything about this from PTC formal communication channels. Will an announcement be sent to the distribution lists?

It is not clear to me how long this conference will be. The registration page indicates it starts at 9:00AM EDT which is pretty early for those of us on the West Coast. Can people attend any time or do we need to login at 9:00AM EDT?

What about people in other time time zones? For example, we have people in Asia Pacific. At 9:00AM EDT it is 9:00PM in Singapore/Malaysia/China. Is there an option for them to attend at a better time?
Hi John,

I'm also surprised there hasn't been more information sent out about this, though I believe something is being sent out by PTC this week (Thursday is the targeted day, I believe).

Here's what I know so far about the event: It's actually from 1:00pm-5:00pm EDT; there will also be opportunities for after-event viewing of various materials and such (I'm not exactly sure how this all will work, however). During the event, there will be 2 presentations from PTC: one by Paul Hamilton and Chris Whitman, and one by Martin Neumueller and Brad Tallis. There will also be time for networking with other attendees and visiting the booths in the virtual exhibit hall.

I only happen to know this much because we're going to have a booth at the event -- we'd like to invite everyone to visit our booth and say hello!

I'm sure more information will be coming soon -- we'll pass it along as we receive it!
See them in action at www.ai-maxtools.com and then try them for yourself -- FREE!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:51 AM

We are not sure why you did not receive email communications. We are checking on that.
Here is some additional information about the event:

During this state-of-the-art, no-charge, virtual event taking place on Wednesday, July 28th, 2010 from 1-5PM EST participants will benefit from an in-depth introduction to CoCreate, plus learn the latest product news, best practices and new techniques that CoCreate users are successfully employing in their organizations. In addition, the event will feature real-time demos and networking opportunities with fellow CoCreate professionals and PTC’s CoCreate experts.

Key Conference Highlights:
  • 2 Conference Sessions including product demonstrations presented by the CoCreate Leadership Team
  • Technical experts available in the Exhibit Hall to chat live and share up-to-date information and resources
  • Discussion forums in the Networking Lounge with CoCreate partners and your peers

For more event information visit the event site: http://bit.ly/CCVC_Info

Other time zones/regions can attend the on-demand period until October 28th.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamil1 View Post
We are not sure why you did not receive email communications. We are checking on that.
I searched my Email archives to see if I had missed it, but I didn't find anything about this conference. I'm sure I did not delete it. Because we are using Google mail with 25GB of storage everything gets archived. I think I am on all the mailing lists, I must get at least 5 emails per week from PTC covering all their products in addition to CoCreate.

I did get an Email about it from our sales contact today, but I don't think anything was sent to the PTC distribution lists.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:08 AM

Hello Paul,

Will PDM futures be addressed during this virtual conference?

thanks

Barry
Old 07-19-2010, 05:34 AM

Thanks for the update John. We’re checking on it.

Barry, the conference is mostly focused on v17 CAD and PDM, and what is still planned/coming under the v17 release. There will not be much more on PDM futures during the conference. For that we will have to wait for more detail on Project Lightning.

Paul
Old 09-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Just a reminder (hopefully you have received one from PTC!) that this event is still on-going, and will have its first "semi-live" event tomorrow, Sept 22, from 10:00am - 12:00pm Eastern time (2 hours long). Semi-Live means that the booths will have people for you to interact with, but that some of the content (such as some presentations) may have been previously recorded.

If you registered previously, your login information should still work just fine.

If you did not register previously, you can register any time by going to:

http://events.unisfair.com/index.jsp?eid=522&seid=340 (which is the link pointed to in Paul's post at the beginning of this thread).

Please drop by the AI MAXtools booth and say hello! And, if you're interested, register for a chance to win a free 6-month license of the AI MAXTools suite for CoCreate Modeling!

We hope to see you there!

andy
See them in action at www.ai-maxtools.com and then try them for yourself -- FREE!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:28 AM

I've just receive my first email notice of the conference today! WHAT ???

And today is the conference. Something is really wrong with the headups notification at PTC.

Jason: "How much does it pay?"
Citizen: "Well, none of our other sheriffs ever lived long enough to find out."

Co-Create 2007 (15.50G)
ANSYS Workbench 14
SolidWorks 2011
UGNX-7.5 / TeamCenter UA 8
PADS 2000
Applicon Bravo
Autotrol
CADAM
Pro/E
Old 09-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMaverick View Post
I've just receive my first email notice of the conference today! WHAT ???

And today is the conference. Something is really wrong with the headups notification at PTC.
Definitely not a good situation.

From what I understand, they were planning to send a couple of email notifications about the event (though I don't know what actually got sent -- I'm on a different email list that sometimes gets those notices, and other times not).

From my perspective, it seems that this event didn't get well publicized at all. In fact, even the main live event (that happened at the end of July) didn't get much publicity either.

I'll definitely pass along this information to PTC in hopes that future events will be get more exposure. The CoCreate community can definitely benefit from all the publicity it can get...
Old 09-23-2010, 08:48 AM

I'm afraid I missed the cocreate online event. How did it go? How many non-PTC participated?