CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Enhancement Requests

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.17 average. Display Modes
Old 01-20-2003, 08:51 AM

Annotation-Need "Save As" Command

After initially saving a drawing in Annotation, it would be nice on all subsequent saves if the current file name defaulted (like Save As does in ME10) instead of forcing the operator to select the file from the browser each time. I don't understand why Annotation does not have this as ME10 and all other softwares I have used such as Pro/E, SolidWorks, and Windows based applications such as Excel have it.

It isn't that difficut, especially late in the day when fatigue sets in, to accidentally select a file with a similar name or number and overwrite your current file.

Last edited by Dave Shoff; 01-29-2003 at 06:04 AM.
Old 01-26-2003, 05:16 AM

Well, "Annotation save drawing" is the only place in OSD where you do not have to select the object to be saved because there's only one: the drawing. Therefore it would be nice to catch the drawing FILE name from 'somewhere'. Yes I'm missing this, too.

The filename itself displayed in the Annotation title bar (with an asterisk when drawing is modified) would be great, too.

Do you know the "AutoSave" functionality? see Edit/Setting/System Settings/AutoSave

If Annotation is active bundle files are saved, so your drawing is saved too. In addition you can create a toolbar icon which invokes the auto save directly. May be it helps a little.

In general it would be nice when the File browser would offer a 'last names used' selection. But I'm missing THIS in every WIN application. That's not OSD specific IMHO.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:29 AM

Re: Annotation-Need Save As Command

Dave, I agree with you. Having a SAVE-AS would be extremely helpful in CoCreate for Modeling and Annotation.

Our company uses Windows folders for storing our files like other companies do using CoCreate. Having a directory that contains all of MI files can be a chore to "miss-pick" and over write a good file vs. hitting the SAVE-AS option if there was one.

Jason: "How much does it pay?"
Citizen: "Well, none of our other sheriffs ever lived long enough to find out."

Co-Create 2007 (15.50G)
ANSYS Workbench 14
SolidWorks 2011
UGNX-7.5 / TeamCenter UA 8
PADS 2000
Applicon Bravo
Autotrol
CADAM
Pro/E
Old 05-18-2009, 11:18 AM

Why are you mixing me up with a SIX YEAR old thread?

I assume there is no change in the saving method(s) because most of the 'big' users are using a data base today to manage all their models and drawings. Working with file system (and therefore dealing with file names ) seemed to be little bit out of focus.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:44 AM

Not all companies are large enough to justify a database for less than a handful of seats using CoCreate. Our site falls into that realm. So, the file system works ideally for our needs.

Yes, even today, CoCreate not having a SAVE AS command places unwanted limits on the users running in the file system.

Jason: "How much does it pay?"
Citizen: "Well, none of our other sheriffs ever lived long enough to find out."

Co-Create 2007 (15.50G)
ANSYS Workbench 14
SolidWorks 2011
UGNX-7.5 / TeamCenter UA 8
PADS 2000
Applicon Bravo
Autotrol
CADAM
Pro/E