CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Data Management

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 06:16 AM

Increasing Investment in "CoCreate"

Based on what I saw in the recently concluded planetPTC user event, there is a very real increase in investment and improvement of the CoCreate or "Elements Direct" product.

I don't know if all aspects of the cocreate product line will be "modernized" after a period of very modest investment, but it does truly seem as though PTC is going to try to make an effort to keep the cocreate elements direct customers happy for the duration until they can get the creo direct product on par feature-wise with elements direct. At that point (5-7 years my guess) I would hope we would be *gently* transitioned over...
Old 09-23-2011, 08:39 AM

Re: Increasing Investment in "CoCreate"

I too was happy to see that PTC would continue investments in the CoCreate product lines. I think this makes sense for PTC otherwise installations like our would probably have to reconsider M&S funding if the products were to be left alone.

Did you get a chance to look at Creo Direct 1.0? My first impression were not that high and in some ways I was heading towards disappointed. I too would see that product as not being viable for a good number of years. My biggest concern is with PTC Pro/E developers interpretation of what Direct Modeling is or should be as they deploy their understanding into the Creo Direct product.

Felipe Rosendo
MCAD Tools Manager

Agilent Technologies