CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Modeling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 04:55 AM

what version is everybody using?

I went to the PTC user conference in June - at the main cocreate roadmap session there were about 75+ people in the room. Martin Neumueller asked several questions, including "who's on V17". Almost no hands were raised....also, when asked, it appeared as though no one was using the Drafting product...

what version is everyone out there using? We were already in the process of switching to V17 and don't really see a strong reason to change the plan and go with V18 (we've got customizations and other complications)

are most of you still on 15.5? If you switch, are you going to 17 or 18?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:25 AM

Re: what version is everybody using?

We currently are on 16.5. We are considering jumping directly to 18. However; we are waiting for IT.

Creo Elements/Direct 20.1
Dell Precision 3581
https://www.o-i.com
Old 08-03-2011, 02:49 AM

the one who hasn't eaten chocolate before have no idea about its taste.

people doesn't know much about v17 but i very impressed when meeting v17. i dont know anything about v18 what is new because there is no enough demonstration except for ptc two video. and in that videos somebody is talking. i wanna see power of creo, i wanna see it in action. but there is no enough advertisementabout v18 i know only ribbon bar came it is easilycan be seen.

as a cocreate lover i wanna watch much about creo v18 direct. then i can think about new product.

and i think students have to reach the full product easily not pe version to learn much about cocreate. dassalut systemes make it very well every student know solidworks. todays students tomorrows engineers

we wanna see cocreate's success
Old 08-03-2011, 05:18 AM

we are currently using 16.0 & 17.0, some of us just haven't upgraded. there are no issues, so why upgrade. using XP & windows7. so we have a mishmash of setups.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:21 PM

All of our facilities are on CoCreate 15.50G. It's the last version prior to being aquired by PTC.

Due to the ever present error 337 problem we have with our file database, upgrading to Creo 17 or 18 is not possible for us at this time since the command line fix is no longer available. My company will not spend the money nor waste time looking at a temporary license to bridge the error 337 problem if 17 or 18 is used.

With that said, 15.50G is the best it's ever going to get with us.

Jason: "How much does it pay?"
Citizen: "Well, none of our other sheriffs ever lived long enough to find out."

Co-Create 2007 (15.50G)
ANSYS Workbench 14
SolidWorks 2011
UGNX-7.5 / TeamCenter UA 8
PADS 2000
Applicon Bravo
Autotrol
CADAM
Pro/E
Old 08-04-2011, 06:07 AM

I know the 337 error very well. It is Awful!

presumably, you have lots of latent corruptions in your Work manager or Model Manager database due to the fact that the bug occurs during "save" yet there is no warning, etc.

Not sure I understand why the 337 error prevents you from upgrading to newer versions...I think the (painful) way of fixing a 337 corruption is the same whether you are on 15.5G or 18?

very interested in your thoughts and experiences with 337 error
Old 08-04-2011, 01:45 PM

Arrow Re: what version is everybody using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstero View Post
I know the 337 error very well. It is Awful!

presumably, you have lots of latent corruptions in your Work manager or Model Manager database ... very interested in your thoughts and experiences with 337 error
Actually, we do not use Work Manager or Model Manager; Only windows folders.

With the legacy files of ME10 and CoCreate Annotation, the 337 is populated across plenty of our projects. About 20-30% of our time is rebuilding assemblies because of the 337 error.

If we upgrade to 17 or 18, the LISP/command line code to bypass the 337 error and to fix the file no longer is available to use. Thus, the corruption stays.

The work around is to continuely contact customer support for an override license to fix the problems. BUT, the override is time limited.

So, forever we will be on CoCreate 15.50G unless the option for having the LISP/command line code is returned as a user input. Or, migrate to SolidWorks all of our CoCreate database since we are repairing often enough.

BTW, the code toggling is ...

To fix files ...
(CLUSTER-MANAGER-CONTROL :ALLOW-MISSING-FILES T)

To opt out of the fix ability ...
(CLUSTER-MANAGER-CONTROL :ALLOW-MISSING-FILES NIL)

Co-Create 2007 (15.50G)
ANSYS Workbench 14
SolidWorks 2011
PADS 2000
Applicon Bravo
Autotrol
CADAM
Pro/E
Old 09-09-2011, 07:38 AM

curious to how you are saving your assemblies. we also don't have a model manager...only store our files in windows. to share files between engineers we put the files on a flashdrive and load. cumbersome but thats what we have. lots of duplication to. as we save our models-parts/assemblies as pkg and drawings as mi.

I'm still getting used to this method as I'm used to using either ProE or Solidworks for the past 20yrs.

we are not getting that error code as you are. have recently loaded up 17. and will be going to 18 soon I think.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:31 AM

Arrow Re: what version is everybody using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlkehn View Post
share files between engineers we put the files on a flashdrive and load. cumbersome but thats what we have. lots of duplication to. as we save our models-parts/assemblies as pkg and drawings as mi.
YIKES. Duplicates. So, who has the latest data if any of the duplicates are modified?

Our data resides on a rather large 1.0Tb drive that is in a RAID setup. The drive is on our network. Only designers and design engineers are allowed R/W/M status with CoCreate while others only have R status to the .mi and .pdf files with a file viewer. Files are checked out via our ECR Excel file program.

There are a limited few softwares that can view .mi files going all the way back to ME10/30. (OpenText Desktop Viewer (formerly Imagenation). This is what our sales, quality and the test lab uses.)

Co-Create 2007 (15.50G)
ANSYS Workbench 14
SolidWorks 2011
PADS 2000
Applicon Bravo
Autotrol
CADAM
Pro/E
Old 09-14-2011, 09:50 AM

We are currently using version 16.50B of Modeling and 16.50A of Drafting and version 16.00 of WorkManager Globally. We are looking at moving to version 18.xx within the next 6 months.

Regards,
Thom
Old 09-20-2011, 09:50 AM

We recently moved to version 17 of Modeling, Drafting, Model Manager, and mySAP PLM (Strategic Enterprises). Most likely will not move again for 12-18 months so it could be that we will skip version18 and move to 19 depending on dates.