CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Annotator

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-1999, 01:17 AM
Jim Kuchar

default text setting

Annotator 6.1d. How do you retain the default text settings? I can set the default text setting in a current session but cannot find a place to save them so the settings are always loaded when I start annotator. Also, How do you modify the default hatch settings in annotator? I can't find a file anywhere.
Old 04-27-1999, 02:54 AM
Wolfgang Traetner

re: default text setting

Hi Jim,
There's no special function for this purpose. Simply record all the settings you want to use and load the record file during start up phase. You can simplify the recorded sequence to e.g.
  (AM_TEXT_SETTINGS :size 3.5                    :ratio 1                    :linesp 2.2                    :font1b "hp_i3098_v")  
put this into you am_customize file. That's normal SD-technology. The recorder is a very useful tool to get known of the command and to improve the customization
The default hatch settings can be set with SD7.0.
Old 04-28-1999, 05:30 AM
Jim Kuchar

Wolfgang, Thanks for the information. I added the lines (AM_TEXT_SETTINGS :size 3.5 :ratio 1 :linesp 2.2 :font1b "hp_i3098_v") To the am_customize file and it works fine. I also wanted to set the default color and feedback. What is the proper syntax to add into the am_text_setting? I tried a few and couldn't get it to work. I also tried using a recorder file. I was successful in making the recorder file with the correct text settings. I could not find the proper syntax to add to the am_customize file to run the record file during annotator startup. Any ideas? I could run the record file after annotator is started and it works find. Would prefer to have it run during startup.
Old 04-29-1999, 06:34 PM
Wolfgang Traetner

Hi Jim, you can add a (load "my_recorded_cmds.rec") to your am_customize. I prefer to extract the necessary commands gathered with the recorder and write the reduced cmsd into my am_customize.