CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > General > Regional User Groups

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 04:40 AM

French Users Group

Hello,
I want know if a french user group exist. If doesn't exist, i want to create one. If some french users are interseting, please make a post and say if you want a forum and a site or just a forum users.
Thancks.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:31 AM

Re: French Users Group

I'm not aware of a French forum. What if we had a French discussion forum here on this site? (John, if you're reading this, what would you think?)

Just an idea,

Claus
Old 03-16-2007, 08:04 AM

A french section on this forum in a good idea, if is it possible.
I know some french users who are interesting.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Administrator

I also am not aware of a French user group or forum.

I can see some potential problems with adding other languages to this forum.

I'm not sure how we would structure support of other languages. Would it be a single French forum for discussion of all CoCreate topics, or would we need to duplicate the current topic structure as sub forums under a French category or forum?

Sometimes people contact me directly with questions and problems but I only know English. We would need volunteers to be moderators and provide support for other languages who could also communicate with me in English.

If we add French then what about other languages? I know that English is not the first language for many of the people who post here and sometimes they struggle with English. They might like to have a forum in their native language as well. How many do we support and when do say no more?

As you can see this could quickly become difficult to administer and moderate. So my first reaction is to oppose adding new forums for other languages, but if others disagree I'm open to discussion.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:27 AM

All good points, John!

So here's how I see it:
  • There should be a moderator for the new forum(s) who speaks both French and English fluently. (I can read French if I try hard, but would not be able to properly respond in French.)
  • There should be only one or two French forums; duplicating the English forum structure seems like too much effort.
  • Other languages: Well, for most major languages, there are already user forums out there, so I don't think we'll have too many requests from other regions.

Claus
Old 03-18-2007, 11:40 PM

I think that the french forum must have 3 or 4 sections:
1- Modeling general
2- Drafting general
3- Model Manager general
4- Customize Modeling
5- Customize Drafting
May be one more: CoCreate General where we can send all idea or question about CoCreate. In France, CoCreate is not very used. So if the customer can exanche some ideas, problemes, ... that can boost the CoCreate products.
I speek not very well english, but i can help you for the translate. I'm Proofreading for the CoCreate newsletter in french.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:42 PM

My assumption would be that a French forum would probably not see more postings than the international (English) forums which already exist on this site. If that assumption is right, experience with the existing forums suggests that it is probably reasonable and fully sufficient to limit yourself to only a few forums, such as one on Modeling (including customization), one on Drafting (including customization), and one on Model Manager.

On the Enhancements Requests forum: I'd advise to use the existing English language Enhancement Requests forum. This makes it easier for folks at CoCreate to find out about customer requests because then there are fewer places to check. Maybe we can arrange an agreement that enhancement requests can be posted in French as well, and we'd then try to find volunteers who translate the requests.

I'm just suggesting options. In the end, poor John is likely to do the hard work involved with all this, so he must have a say in this.

Claus
Old 06-04-2008, 08:21 AM

Hi

I think that a french version of Modeling PE would be interesting a lot of french designer !
I used a french professional version and some of my collaborator don't used there is not PE french version !
Old 06-04-2008, 09:54 AM

Looking to the languages Modeling supports and comparing to already known user support forums there are "missing" French, Italian and Spanish.

Officially supported languages of the CoCreate products would be the maximum to add here IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofischer View Post
In France, CoCreate is not very used.
I would start with a single french forum. People can use clear subjects as starting the subject with
  • [Modeling] .......
  • [Annotation] .......
  • [Sheetmetal] .......
  • [Drafting] .......
This is used in some other low traffic forums or newsgroups, too, to give a quick orientation to all the readers. Yes this differentiation is based on the writers discipline.

If the french traffic is really growing over 6 months and longer the single forum can be split and the threads distributed to new forums (or is this impossible with this forum software?)
--------------------
BTW: My french knowledges are as perfect as for japanese language. There's no way for me to take part.
--------------------
The url used above for the 'other forum languages' is a REAL english page: I would have liked to use the new page on PTC.com. But this one does switch its language by its own , and this is what I really don't like (at all and specially when spreading/posting an URL).

Last edited by Wolfgang; 06-04-2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: added: remark on official URL for support forums
Old 06-04-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_kusers View Post
Hi

I think that a french version of Modeling PE would be interesting a lot of french designer !
I used a french professional version and some of my collaborator don't used there is not PE french version !
We hear you, but you probably meant to post this in the CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition forum (http://cocreateusers.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66). I can move your message there if you want me to.

Claus
Old 06-04-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
My french knowledges are as perfect as for japanese language.
Oh dear, shame on me! I did not see that the thread is already more than one year old. Uhhuuuhhhhh...
Old 06-08-2008, 06:04 AM

There is a French Modeling PE forum at http://apps.cocreate.com/OneSpaceModelingPE/Secure/Forum/category-view.asp. Don't hesitate to post on it.