CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > General > Make Test Posts Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2022, 12:18 PM

Help Need new ME10 tablet + software

I need to move my ME10 software to windows 10. I have ME10 running
in windows 10 but I use a tablet for input. I am using HP A4634A tablet with a HP A4367A for pointing on the tablet. The HP items work in Windows 95,98,and XP. I have the Mels software for windows 10. I need a new tablet and software so I can migrate to windows 10 with a tablet. Has any one working ME10 in windows 10 with a tablet. Please help
Old 02-07-2022, 04:43 AM

Re: Help Need new ME10 tablet + software

from what I hear around me, using a tablet with Drafting is getting more and more of a problem, certainly in Windows 10. The tablets themselves are only available as second hand, and, as you discovered, the driver is even more of a problem.
I would really consider switching to the Classic Mode without tabet... just a matter of checking / changing these 2 lines in C:\Program Files (x86)...\Direct Drafting <version>\old_ui\me10.ini:
MELOCATORPORT=
MELOCATORDRIVER=msmouse
For myself as a non-ME10-veteran, I prefer the Ribbon Interface... really easier.
Only problem is that buttons for custom macro's need to get a new button in the new interface.

Regards,
Jaap
Old 02-14-2022, 12:26 PM

I have ME10 running in Win10 with the screen / msmouse. I have used Me10 for years and I like the tablet as it is faster for me to use. I do use both interfaces as I support several users and have made updates to ME10 and have a CAD package that runs in ME10. I have systems running in win 98, XP and 10 all with security devices.
I can not get help from PTC with out getting new licenses and spending a LOT of money just to upgrade to a better newer computer.
Old 02-15-2022, 11:30 PM

yes, that's a general problem with software. Trying to do maintanance on legacy versions of software takes a lot of effort for a software company. Especially since not only the software itself changes, but also the operating system. Besides that, if your tablet brakes down, you may have a hard time finding a new one...
And in case of ME10 / Drafting, I do think that the Ribbon Interface is much better than the Classic Interface. It's only a matter of getting used to it...
Old 03-01-2022, 11:37 AM

Thank you for the reply. If some one knew how to get help from PTC a solution could be at hand. I have had conversations with PTC and for real help you have convert ME10 licenses over to their new methods and spend large amounts of dollars. They will not help otherwise. I have been hoping someone who is current with PTC could gather information for me. But no so luck. I have a old Win XP computer with a complete backup computer. Back up computer has security device tablet and tablet mouse. But would like to move forward to Win 10.
Old 03-01-2022, 09:52 PM

With security device you mean the dongle for the license, right?? If it's a USB dingle, your license should work on Win10, I guess. Even if it's a serial port key, you could try and connect it with a serial-usb-adaper, that worked for us in the past. It's a matter of installing ME10 and the license server and give it a try. The only thing would be that you'd have to adapt to not using a tablet. Believe me, you will get used to that... and on Win10 you still have the choice between the old interface, the win95 interface and the ribbon interface.
Old 08-27-2022, 10:56 AM

I have gotten the USB dongle working in win10. But I needed new software for checking the passwords etc.
So I have software what others may need.
I am not familiar with the various user interfaces you mentioned.
I may not have current enough ME10 software.
I am operating on version 8. Very Old.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:05 AM

Talking Re: Help Need new ME10 tablet + software

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaE View Post
Uh .. what timestamp does the ME10.exe have?? :-D :-D
Old 09-20-2022, 08:58 AM

Smile Re: Help Need new ME10 tablet + software

Hello Wolfgang
This information you can have.
Here you are.
It runs without problems on win10 64bit.

Like Herbie "The Love Bug" he runs and runs and runs
Were you already part of the programmers back then?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	version.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	2017  
Old 10-18-2022, 11:03 AM

Wink Re: Help Need new ME10 tablet + software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedly View Post
It runs without problems on win10 64bit.
👍 stable CoCreate Software!! 😌

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedly View Post
Hello Wolfgang
Were you already part of the programmers back then?
At the time of your ME10 version I have been an employee of CoCreate for more than 2 years. But I have not coded ME10 C-Code. For 10+ years I have been one of the Annotation developers. -- no doubt.. (annotation-) macros we created quite often in pure ME10 only.
Old 12-29-2022, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaE View Post
I have gotten the USB dongle working in win10. But I needed new software for checking the passwords etc.
And unfortunately seen only just now (<-Edit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by from your Website
ZETA's engineers utilize a unique CAD package known as CREO Elements. Using dynamic modeling, they can modify designs much easier than those using software such as SolidWorks or AutoCAD
If this is true you normally do not need new software.

The program that manages the licenses for
"CREO Elements Direct Modeling" is the "c:\Programs\PTC\Creo Elements Direct License Server xx.x".
The same program also manages the licenses for "CREO Elements Direct Drafting" as ME10 is now called.

In the installation there is a file with the extension ".conf" for example "License.conf".
In this file you can try to add the information about your dongle and the password for your ME10 license.
For examples see the file "License.conf.example".
Good luck with the try.
If it works consider it as a late christmas present

Last edited by Friedly; 12-29-2022 at 09:20 PM. Reason: why I am so late with the answer