CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Solid Designer

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2002, 09:24 AM
stefano

large assembly time

hello all I made one, like a speed test in large assembly, and some was strange. I made a simple U estruded 100x100x10 100 mm lenght, after I asked a linear array of 1500 110 mm far. Now if I make it into root it spend not more of 20 secs, but if I ask it into a group it need a dramatically time added. I was in SD 8.05 with PIII 1Ghz 785 Megs. Can someone try it also? could be better in the latest release? (I am in a big challenge again UG!!! hehe)
Old 09-11-2002, 10:13 AM
stefano

re: large assembly time

I tryed the same array, but with empty part, and it take the major time for to make this group of empty part that for to model them. Could be naming the subpart? or every time SD makes the part on the root and after moves it into the group? (this could be really great time spent)
Old 09-12-2002, 12:57 AM
Walter

Hi stefano, an assembly has to handle the names, positions and all the "instance"-properties of all the parts and sub-assemblys it contains. I think adding this 1500 times takes the additional effort.
Old 09-22-2002, 09:33 PM
Claus Brod

Stefano,

I can reproduce this here on my system as well. Adding 1500 linearly shared parts into an assembly takes a lot longer than on top-level. Thanks a lot for raising the issue, we're now looking into it.

Claus
Old 09-23-2002, 08:44 AM
stefano

hi Claus I tried the same on 9.01 and I'm enjoy to say it works much better on it. It was quite faster on the root (close to 5 secs better than before) and it was only 35 secs for to make it into a group. Not bad at all! :)