CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Modeling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 10:56 PM

Cross Section disappears : how to avoid it?

When I make a cross-section in my model and i switch from modeling to annotations and then i go back to modeling i lose the cross section although the workplane connected to Cross Section stays.

How can i avoid that? From my point of view there is no reason for this to happen. Every time i want to look at the Cross Section i have to place it again. One consequence is that when using the Cross Section workplane for projecting parts also is lost when replacing Cross Section.....

Can i avoid this by changing the settings?
Old 09-19-2008, 08:57 AM

Re: Cross Section disappears : how to avoid it?

I don't know of a setting, but I usually manually create a workplane and then in the Contour menu, go to Project>Cross Section. This won't disappear when toggling between different parts or with Annotation.

Another option is once you have your Cross Section where you want it, put a Workplane there, parallel and with zero offset. This will make it easier to recreate the Cross Section again later (I usually rename the workplanes to something more descriptive, too).
Old 09-20-2008, 07:16 AM

Right, I'm seeing the same issue that Koninkske mentioned. This happens if we use Select a face>right-click>Define Cross Section. However, there is no problem if defining clipping plane using Part&Assy>Menu 2>Clippings>Define.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:04 AM

The "Define Cross Section" command is part of the "Model Clip Plane" functionality, and it was replaced in version 15.x by "Clippings". (Found in Parts and Assy Menu 2)
Clippings was added to allow you to store clip planes with your models.
With versions prior to 15, when the cross section was turned off (which it is when you switch to Annotation and back to Modeling) you can turn it back on via the Model Clipping dialog box. The Cross Section command used Plane 6.
The Model clip plane dialog box was removed from the UI when the new Clippings functionality was added.

This is a defect, and I will submit it.