CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Data Management

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 11:51 AM

Question Data Export

Is there a known way to export all of the data in OneSpace Manager 2007 right now we are only storing JPEG's and PDF's in the system and were going to import them into Windchill PDMLink.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 AM

Re: Data Export

hmm... short question, but I can give you an answer of at least 100 pages :-)
Because of company standardisation, we've moved from Modeling / Modelmanager to ProE / Windchill as our standard engineering tool.
These days, there's a Windchill Workgroup Manager for Creo Elements/Direct (= Modeling) available. You should really check this module, because it enables you to store Modeling data into Windchill.
This kind of migrations can be highly complex (it has been my dayly task for the last 3 years, and we're not done yet), so make sure you find some experts to help you on this.
One last tip: when moving your data from Modeling to Pro/E, use Granite as export/import file format. It gives maximum flexibility in this kind of situation.
Regards,
Jaap
Old 03-15-2013, 09:41 AM

We are deploying windchill and currently run production with Model Manager - we are thinking about using WWGM for elements direct along with the "migration tools" that PTC is supposed to be developing for migration from MM to windchill.

are you using WWGM for Elements Direct? What do you think, is it any good?

thanks for your comments!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:20 PM

Hi,

I saw a demo of WWGM, and from what I know about Modeling, Windchill and MM, I liked what I saw.
The most important question to ask is whether older versions of models and drawings can be migrated from MM to Windchill. A couple of years ago, it was only possible to migrate the latest versions.
There was also one important status icon missing in the Modeling browser, I believe it was the padlock icon to show whether or not a model is read only.
Another point: how much customization has been done to your MM environment? The less, the better, I expect. We didn't use a migration tool, because of the standardization to the ProE platform.
Regards, Jaap