CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > General > Web Site and Forum Info

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Enabled Image Thumbnails

In the process of investigating an attachment problem I discovered that there is a new vbulletin feature which allows display of image attachments (JPEG, GIF, PNG) as thumbnails. The thumbnails can be clicked to view the full image. I think this is a good feature. I sometimes find the display of large inline images within a thread to be distracting. Really large images can stretch the displayed text width and require scrolling if your browser window is not wide enough. I have enabled thumbnails for the CoCreate User Forum.

If anyone doesn't like this feature let me know and I can post a poll so we can vote on it. Otherwise I will leave it enabled. For an example, see this test thread. It shows an example of an inline image which is a link to a URL and a JPG attachment. Also see the GIF attachments in this post.

It is possible to adjust the maximum size of the thumbnails. I used the default of 100 pixels, but if people think they should be larger or smaller this can be changed and the thumbnails regenerated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Print Printer Tab.gif
Views:	765
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Print Drawing Tab.gif
Views:	772
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	763