CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > System Administration

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-1999, 01:14 AM
Scott Chaney

Hewlett Packard Employment Opportunity

Would you be interested in a exciting job supporting ME CAE tools and processes at Hewlett Packard?? How about living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest?? Corvallis, OR to be exact. I currently have an employment opportunity that offers both. Basic Job Responsibilities: Actively enhance the productivity of mechanical engineers and designers by supporting and increasing the effectiveness of ME CAE software. Investigate user needs, define plans, purchase/develop software and process solutions, and manage implementation. Define long-term strategies and research HP and industry best practices. Conduct training; resolve escalated problems; and work with vendors, peers on other sites and Corporate Engineering. Musts: BS in Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering (ME) or equivalent. At least two years experience in designing and supporting ME Computer Aided Engineering solutions. Demonstrated knowledge of CoCreate CAD products. Demonstrated expertise in at least two programming languages. Demonstrated ability with software engineering tools, such as formal design methods, source code management tools and project tracking tools. Excellence customer interaction and organization skills. Demonstrated ability to think logically, analyze complex system problems and grasp new technologies. Also be a team player with meticulous attention to detail and follow-though. Desired: Power-user proficiency with SolidDesigner, ME10 and AutoCAD. Programming experience in LISP, PERL, Visual Basic, Unix scripting and HTML. Strong knowledge of HP-UX, NT and networking. Simulation and animation software experience. Working knowledge of product/tooling development process. Location: Corvallis, Or Please send resumes with cover letter to scott_chaney@hp.com