CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > 3rd-Party Software and Services

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2005, 08:39 AM

SolidGenius: Standard parts Library and Productivity Tools

We would like to introduce you the newest version of our "3D standard parts Library and Productivity" solution "SolidGenius" for CoCreate's OneSpace Designer Modeling.

SolidGenius 2005 includes all the main mechanical engineering parts from DIN/ISO/EN/ANSI standards like screws, nuts, pins, bearings, steel profiles etc and productivity tools for better working with OSD Modeling.

Directly written in LISP, SolidGenius could be installed at the server only one time without the need for client-wise installation.
SolidGenius also allows to be run from a CD-ROM without the need for the Windows installation.

SolidGenius, which is localized in German and English, enables easily the localization of messages into other languages. User language could be dynamically switched without the need of re-starting (like ME10).

Although the product is very strong, we have decided to keep the price low, for allowing a broad range of usage.
Thus we have set the price of the license to 600 EUR, the full yearly maintenance price to 120 EUR.

The "SolidGenius Light" is the freeware version of SolidGenius, which allows the user to get some goodies like some example standard parts, threads etc.

If there is no license found, the product starts automatically in "Light" modus.

This means, even after the evaluation, you can keep the product installed, to use the freeware goodies.

SolidGenius 2005 runs both on OSD Modeling Version 12 and 13.

More informations could be found at http://www.solidgenius.com

We give to any interested user time-bombed evaluation codewords.

Sinan Akyar
(http://www.mip-group.com)
Old 10-13-2005, 12:12 PM

Re: SolidGenius: Standard parts Library and Productivity Tools

We would like to inform, that we have released the newest version of our 'Standard Parts Library and Functionality' solution "SolidGenius".

Besides this new version 13.22, we have also published now 3 learning tutorials at our web site http://www.solidgenius.com

Sinan Akyar
http://www.mip-group.com

Old 10-14-2005, 07:34 AM

Why would you spend so much time and money developing a software for such a sparsly-used program?
Old 10-14-2005, 08:57 AM

Thanks for the friendly advise, but this programm is succesfully used many times around the world.

Besides this, it is a good feeling for us, to provide such a professional solution for the fraction of money of usually equivalent programs.

If there is not such a philosophy, how it would be possible to find these relatively very low priced but powerful "shareware" products (for example winzip).

Old 10-14-2005, 10:06 AM

Well, if you succesfully created a program with a substantial cost difference between your software and cocreate's, I don't see anything wrong with it. I guess I was trying to imply that there are "bigger fish in the sea". What is your difference in price between your version and cocreates? Since my company may decide that they need a library, I'm sure they'll want to see different prospects.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:15 AM

Our price for the complete solution is 600 Euro.

You can also have a freeware version ("SolidGenius Light") or shareware version by asking a 1-month timebombed license from us.

SolidGenius automatically goes into the freeware version, if there is no license available.

A one page flyer about SolidGenius could be downloaded from
http://www.mip-group.com/solidgenius.com/SolidGenius2005_datasheet.pdf

Old 02-08-2011, 04:08 AM

I stumbled upon this forum while looking for more information about SolidGenius. Apparently, I'm five years too late with this reply so using the 2005 version isn't really advisable. I've heard the latest version is SolidGenius 17, and I'm going to get a free trial next week to try out the features. A good friend recommended the software to me and says it has all the parts and productivity tools I could ever need. If it lives up to my expectations, then I'll be sure to purchase it right away.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelleAnderson View Post
I stumbled upon this forum while looking for more information about SolidGenius. Apparently, I'm five years too late....
Hi Rachelle, opening a NEW thread and referencing to the old one might have been a better way for writing.. but since this is your first post here.. it doesn't matter.. Welcome!

Let us know your personal experience with that 3rd party tool.

What's your experience with Modeling at all (so we can better read/understand your next posts...)
Old 02-14-2011, 07:50 AM

SolidGenius's latest version 17 is already released supporting several CoCreate Modeling versions (V14, 15, 16 and 17). The new version is also introducing a new module "FramesLink" for the design of frame type structures from aluminium, steel and other materials.
Here is the press release for the new version of SolidGenius
SolidGenius V17 announcement

More informations and videos can be found at the SolidGenius official web site http://www.solidgenius.com

Free evaluation versions could be obtained from Free Trial of SolidGenius