CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Work Manager

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2000, 10:36 AM
Dave Halseth

Looking for WorkManager references

I am considering buying WM for our design group and am looking for references. I would like to know if WM is worth the effort, does it slow down the design process, does it get hung up, is it easy to maintain, how much maintenance does it take, etc, etc? Also, if anyone has calculated a return on investment I would like to know how this product is justified and if the payback was actually realized. Any comments are welcomed. Respond by email and we can exchange phone numbers.
Old 02-16-2001, 04:39 AM
Scott gilbert

re: Looking for WorkManager references

Hi Dave I'm also courious about some of these same issues. Have you had any reply's? Do you have any informaton concerning WM that may be useful to me? Thanks Scott
Old 03-28-2001, 06:50 AM
Dan

Dave, We have had workmanager for 4 years now. Even though sometimes I feel its a love/hate relationship, I don't know how we would do without it. It has been costly to purchase and maintain but I believe it has been worth it. It really depends on the size of you design group, your needs for sharing and controlling data etc.I have several Word Doc's that I could share with you describing its benefits, for us, if you would like.
Old 03-28-2001, 07:17 AM
Dave Halseth

We finally decided to purchase WM and had it installed about 6 weeks ago. It works pretty well. Yesterday, for instance, I made a top level assembly, with reference assemblies, so that we could make final assembly drawings. It is really cool, 99% of the assemblies are shared, I just had to make a very few unshared assemblies so that I could position parts in an exploded confituration for clarity in the assembly drawing. A couple of people are still working on assemblies a couple of levels down but it doesn't bother me, I can reload their assemblies with all thier changes with just a few keystrokes! A couple of months ago we would have waited for all the subassemblies to be finalized before doing the top level drawings. I don't think we could have done what we are doing without WorkManager, we are really able to shorten the project duration. Time to market calculations are hard to equate to dollars and cents, but I think we will save the cost of WM in the first year by getting a huge project to market a couple of months quicker.