CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > General > Regional User Groups

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2003, 05:47 AM

Other forums?

Hi all!

Are there any other CoCreate forums with more traffic than this one?

Steve
Old 03-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Not that I am aware of, as far as I know this is the only one. However, if anyone finds others please let us all know. Although the traffic is low, I think you will find that some very knowledgable people both inside and outside of CoCreate are active here and you can usually get assistance with a question, although it may take a day or two.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:11 AM

There are the CoCreate forums at the German http://www.cad.de web site:

http://ww3.cad.de/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&showall=1&category=24

They receive quite a bit of traffic, but of course the discussions are in German.

Other than that, cocreateusers.org is the most active forum I am aware of.

Claus
Old 10-06-2004, 02:49 AM

UK User Group and Forum

Dear All,

My name is Joe McBurnie and I am the Managing Director of CSI. We have been working with CoCreate and all of the products since 1988 and have an excellent technical team who have also been involved with CoCreate on core product development.

We are considering having a UK based user group and forum. I have been looking at your site and forum and wonder if it would be better for us to join forces and promote the US forum in the UK. The US is so large that you have State based groups as well and as far as the forum it does not matter where you are located.

Please can I have your thoughts on this, is now a good time to make it an International user group and forum that still has regional meetings etc...

I Look forward to hearing from you, best regards, Joe
Http://www.csi-europe.com
Model Manager Solution Suite
Old 10-06-2004, 02:56 AM

Well, we already have contributors from Europe and Asia, so as far as I am concerned, this forum is as international as it can be anyway .-)

So I'd clearly vote to point UK users to this forum rather than establish a new one.

Claus
Old 10-06-2004, 03:07 AM

Thanks Claus for the reply, Lets see what other have to say. I do think we would need to call it the CoCreate International User Group so that members from other countries would not be put off if they think it is for the US only.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Re: UK User Group and Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by joemcb1
Please can I have your thoughts on this, is now a good time to make it an International user group and forum that still has regional meetings etc...
Hi Joe,

I don't see any reason for someone to start another forum, unless they want a forum in which the primary language is not English. I believe there is a German forum. CoCreate has a lot of customers in Japan so it would make sense to have one in Japanese as well (if one doesn't already exist). I think it's best to have one English language CoCreate forum to keep all the information together in one place. It provides one stop shopping for questions and answers and makes searching easier.

Although it started as an offshoot of the America's User Group, it has certainly gone beyond that. As Claus said, we have people posting from all over the world (Italy, Germany, Singapore, Malaysia, China, ???). We've even had a few posts in Italian and French. While we don't discourage this, we do encourage people to post in English if they can, at least the initial question and final resolution so everyone can benefit from the information.

Beyond that, I suppose we could look at removing "America's" from the name so that it is clear that the forum is open to everyone. I have no problem with this.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:29 AM

Lets go for it!!

I think it would great to have more of a european presence in this fourm. I know that the CoCreate site lists 4 other fourms besides the Americas one

Japan
Germany
Netherlands
Switzerland

I do agree with John that the questions do need to be in english though for clarity purposes.

If we need to take the word America's out of the title I'm all for it.

Cheers
Thom
Old 10-06-2004, 10:07 PM

I think that it would be better to have a combined forum than an additional uk forum. At least when I see it from my point of view. I try to read the posts and answer if possible. But if there are too many spread over the net I'm not sure that I have the time to read all the posts. And I know that there are more CoCreate people reading and answering.

Dorothea
Old 10-07-2004, 07:45 AM
Administrator

I'm also in agreement with those recent posts encouraging others to post in these forums. Having a single location to ask questions and to share knowledge is better for everyone, and the more contributors we have the more we all benefit!

I also support removing the word "Americas" from the forum titles -- since we've already got many regular contributors from other locations, let's acknowlege that it really is an international community. Let's all continue to benefit from the combined knowlege and expertise that we bring to these forums!

Thanks!

andy
See them in action at www.ai-maxtools.com and then try them for yourself -- FREE!
Old 10-07-2004, 07:58 AM

Dear All,

Thanks so far for the support on this suggestion. I am not sure who makes the final decision on this but from my standpoint I think if we can change the name to CoCreate International Forum or CoCreate World Forum I will be happy to start promoting this to our CSI customers in the UK.

As far as the logo and the contest is concerned I think it has been running for some time. As I am not that good at the graphics thing I think something simple utilising the standard CoCreate logo and the forum name would do the job and finish the site off.

I have already ask my technical team to keep an eye on posts so we can try and help out with any technical issues or questions the users have.

Looking forward to moving forward, as always, Joe
Old 10-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by joemcb1
I am not sure who makes the final decision on this but from my standpoint I think if we can change the name to CoCreate International Forum or CoCreate World Forum I will be happy to start promoting this to our CSI customers in the UK.
The final decision (taking member input into account) would be made by myself (forum administrator) and the web master. He has not commented so I will Email him requesting that he read this thread and provide any comments that he has.

As to the name, I would suggest just "CoCoreate User Forum". I don't think it's necessary to specify "World" or "International", as long as we take out "America's" it should be clear that it is open to everyone. We could leave in "Group" if people want, but it is not restricted to group members and the user groups in the USA have seen little activity since CoCreate stopped actively sponsoring and promoting them. So I think "CoCoreate User Forum" would be the best name. Any opinions on this are welcome.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:23 PM

Sounds reasonable to me. Getting a bit more traffic is always nice.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:23 AM

Dear John and All,

Sounds like once you have heard from the web master we can move forward on this. I agree with "CoCreate Users Forum" simple but quite clear.

I look forward to seeing the web site/forum updated. Once this has happend I will email our installed base in the UK to make them aware of the site. We will also be holding a 2005 release open day in November so we will include the site as one of the topics.

Best regards, Joe
Old 10-09-2004, 03:51 AM

I agree to Dorothea's posting completely.

It's enough for me to have an english and a german forum to participate. A third one I will not contact (regardless which language).

I vote for
* one english forum
and
* "CoCreate User Forum"