CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > ME30

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-1998, 09:11 AM
Michael Rayburn

Who is still working with ME30

Just curious, how many users are still working with ME30? What are your plans to upgrade? Having problems with support? Why are you not going to SD? If not, is it because your looking at another CADD system?
Old 08-07-1998, 07:08 AM
James R. Osborn

re: Who is still working with ME30

Hey Mike, Thought I'd make your vote tally go from zero to one... I already mentioned to you over dinner the other night, we have a couple ME30 users, one die-hard. His main complaint over SD is that he likes the integrated 2D/3D aspect of ME30 and the faster layout tools. I think that SD v6.0 with Annotator may just sway him. I'll let you know if this happens. -- James
Old 10-13-1998, 02:26 PM
dave_halseth

Michael, We have gone through a two year transition where we gradually phased out ME30, now that we are on NT we don't have any ME30 stations. One minor problem is that ME30 can specify the path to parts in an assembly. This helped to keep things organized, parts can be kept in directories in logical groupings. SolidDesigner does not implement this method of tracking files and, subsequently, there is a tendancy to want "one huge directory" where everything resides. It's kinda messy with everything in one big pot. SolidDesigner is able to import ME30 parts, but if the assemblies have references to parts in various directores SolidDesigner gets confused. I was able to work around this problem by opening the ME30 file with a text editor and doing a global search and replace of the directory paths, changing them so that SolidDesigner will look in the current directory. Good luck. Dave
Old 12-03-1999, 08:48 AM
Bob Scibetta

Add me to the list of die-hards that ars still using me30. I also have sd 7.01 on windows NT, but I find that the 2d creation w/ SD is a lot tougher. I still revert back to me30 for model creation and import to SD for movement/mods/etc. Any one know of a SD or ME job listing database?