CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > User Group Issues

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-1999, 09:44 AM
Seiya Ohta

Dissapointed by CoCreate Customer Support

I am ashamed that we have a customer support organization in HP that is as bad as CoCreate's. The support personal refused to talk with me insisting that the CAD Gardner speak to the support. So I stood next to my CAD gardner who repeated exactly what I said on the phone and she relayed back exactly what the support guy said. When I have a problem and the CAD gardner does not know how to solve it, support is my only solution. And when I have a business critical problem and need to solve a problem, I don't feel like playing a telegram game. Sure, I understand that CoCreate wants to reduce the number of service calls and wants to train CAD Gardners. But that is not my concern as a customer. As a customer, I have a problem and need an answer. No wander growing number of us want to migrate away from ME10. I am really dissapointed how my call was handled (no answer to my problem!!) and how I was treated. I will start looking for new 2D software. I will try SolidWorks that other MEs suggested.
Old 07-17-1999, 10:02 AM
Peter Sweet

re: Dissapointed by CoCreate Customer Support

Seiya...we use VDS for our HP support. However, VDS will no longer be providing this service. Hence, I must turn to HP for SD/Anno support. Could you tell me what a "CAD Gardner" is. I hope I won't need a "green thumb" for this position!
Old 09-03-1999, 01:02 AM
Pete Gibson

Hi Seiya, If you are an HP employee you might want to try the hp.mechanical news group to get help if your Gardener can't help you. Pete.
Old 10-29-1999, 01:49 AM
Bert Ratia

Hello Seiya, The process you describe is NOT the standard way CoCreate Support operates and should NOT be used to evaluate or grade the support team. If you had called with a valid support contract, you would have received personalized help in real-time and not had to involve a central person at your site. However, the licenses you are using were leased by your division at a nice discount in a volume purchase agreement (see http://www.cocreate.com/english/news/press/HPextc.htm). Your gardener was involved and informed during the discussions and this support process (which involves a central person at your site) lowers the cost your division had to pay. If you would like personalized support that does not involve your gardener, I will be glad to discuss some alternatives with you that would provide more personalized support and not involve your gardener. I'll give you a call to discuss your concerns further. Best regards, Bert Ratia CoCreate Software 970-206-8093