CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > System Administration

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-1999, 11:16 AM
Dave Halseth

Automate Codeword Generation

Why does it take 2 days just to get codewords after I have recieved (and paid for) the software? When I submit a request for codewords they usually make a mistake in entering the LAN address and I have to make a second request. You ought to have a database of customers that you can check for the last LAN address the customer used, and which operating system, etc. as a check to be sure that the right codeword is issued. At the very least the request form should incuded in the install process so that it is on the hard disk and the request form should have the e-mail address in it so that it is easy to copy-clip and paste the (rather long) e-mail address. Another annoyance is that I cannot reply to sender, for some reason the routing coming to me is different than the routing sending to you. Ideally you would have a website where I could just enter my customer password & lan address and your system would automatically generate the codeword on-line.
Old 09-01-1999, 07:39 AM
Leslie Bader

re: Automate Codeword Generation

Dave, I agree completely with this. I know that people here have experienced similar difficulties. I am especially in favor of online codeword generation. How many of us have had our server experience a hardware improvement or failure only to discover that WE must REQUEST new codewords BEFORE attempting the improvements. One division here at my site, did an improvement AFTER a power outage. I sat with them on into Sunday evening. Finally I opened up my licenses to them so they could work on Monday morning. In this case, and maybe in yours too Dave, the WHOLE MECHANICAL LAB was sitting twiddling their fingers. How much $$$ did the company lose that day?? This could've been prevented with online codeword generation. Maybe CoCreate will like your idea too! Leslie Bader CAD IT Engineer Hewlett-Packard ESBU R&D Lab
Old 09-01-1999, 08:05 AM
Leslie Bader

Dave, I forgot one thing. I also experienced the wrath of someone I don't know when I was out on CoCreate's Homepage. I clicked on something that said "For help or trouble accessing click here" Hence a conversation started with someone that couldn't even conceive of what I was talking about. The subject was related to codes and passwords. Eventually, the individual became irate and I was mortified when I discovered that the message I'd sent didn't actually go to anyone that knew anything about CAD. How embarrassing & frustrating! I was perturbed when I discovered this. It seems that it has happened to you a lot. I just feel my trust going down and down. Leslie
Old 10-16-1999, 09:29 PM
Ron Sterk

I don't know trough who you get the codewords. My advise contact your Cocreate VAR. Whe are a premium partner and we have no problems getting codewords, we can get it in a few hours if we have to. Cocreate is setting up online codeword generation, but it is only accessable for VAR's.