CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > General > Regional User Groups

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2002, 08:38 AM

User group meetings

I was wondering how the other leaders of user groups were getting the names of people in their area that are using CoCreate products. In the past our meeting had only the people that I work with and the CoCreate rep (about 12 people). I would like to invite all the people in my surrounding area if I could only find out who they are.

Donnie
Old 10-09-2002, 08:52 AM
Administrator

For Northern CA the regional user group was setup by David Szostak of CoCreate (david_szostak@cocreate.com). CoCreate maintains a distribution list of customers in our area. They handle sending out the meeting notices (with some input from me). I'm not sure if David would cover your area, but he could probably refer you to the correct person. He is on vacation right now, so it may take a while to get a reply.

The problem with this method is that only people on the CoCreate list hear about the meetings. I am hoping that this forum will get the message out to more people. Now that each regional group has it's own forum, you can post meeting notices there and get more visibility. You can also use polls to let people vote on topics for future meetings.

Bob is working on getting the cocreateusers.org domain switched to this new web site. Once this happens, everyone will have access and we should start seeing more activity.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:00 AM

David is our guy also, I guess that in the future I'll hit the list harder and get more info to those that CoCreate has listed for my area. Look forward to the boards being more active.

Donnie
Old 10-10-2002, 01:41 PM

I'm lucky in that HP is right down the freeway (a whole lot of users to say the least).

We had 30+ show up and would have had more if we held the meeting closer to Portland.

Dave is our guy as well. And now that we've become a channel partner we have access to all that info directly. If allowed (I'm not sure if we're supposed to distribute the list) I'll get you a list of users in your area.

EB

CADD ADVANTAGE INC

Old 10-10-2002, 08:28 PM

If you had something to send to the group, you could probably compose it and send it through David (or whoever your rep. is). At our first meeting I did get an attendance list with email addresses, but haven't had much use for it / response from it yet. Perhaps the regional forum will be a better tool, though it's passive dissemination of information rather than the more active (though sometimes less appreciated) e-mail.

Have you done anything to differentiate your regional groups from just a bunch of people that come to the meetings for free food, and see the latest upgrades? Is there anything more they should be / can be? Anybody having more than the two meetings that CoCreate Cosponsors?

I think the site and this forum will remain the most useful tools to users. I do hope the regional forums will help guide the content of the meetings.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by gmatelich
Have you done anything to differentiate your regional groups from just a bunch of people that come to the meetings for free food, and see the latest upgrades? Is there anything more they should be / can be? Anybody having more than the two meetings that CoCreate Cosponsors.
That pretty much sums up the Northern CA group

When I first became the regional leader, I tried to get feedback from the members on if they wanted more, what topics they wanted to see in the future, did any of them want to present something, etc. The response was mostly roaring silence. We did try one meeting without CoCreate. We had a shop that uses CoCreate products present how they worked without 2D drawings. I couldn't get anyone in the group to volunteer to present anything else. Attendance was low. I decided to quit wasting energy and just have the 3 time per year meetings with CoCreate presenting what's new.

You might have better luck, but I concluded that most of the members of the group don't want to expend any effort. They just want to show up, see what CoCreate has to say, and eat Pizza.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:36 AM

Quote:
They just want to show up, see what CoCreate has to say, and eat Pizza.
Add to that the questions regarding ME10's shortcomings and you've got a pretty good summary of our group as well.

I'm going to start attending some Inventor and Solidworks user groups to see if I can get any insight into their success (they hold UG meetings at least once a month!!). I'll report any findings here.

EB

CADD ADVANTAGE INC

Old 10-11-2002, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by E-Buckner
Add to that the questions regarding ME10's shortcomings and you've got a pretty good summary of our group as well
Yeah, I forgot about that. Some of our meetings tend to deteriorate into:

A. Grill the CoCreate people about anything and everything that has ever bugged you about their products (especially Annotation).

B. Get all your support questions from the last 3 months answered at the meeting since you never contacted support when they came up.

I would be interested to hear what goes on at AutoDesk and SolidWorks user group meetings.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:23 PM

CoCreate support for US user group meetings

For the US, I am the main CoCreate contact for all US user group meetings.

If you have any questions or you would like to start a user group within your region, please contact me:

David Szostak
CoCreate Software, Inc.
Ft. Collins, CO
970-267-8252
david_szostak@cocreate.com

Last edited by dszostak; 10-21-2002 at 02:26 PM.