CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > General > Regional User Groups

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2002, 02:43 PM

Raising money to support the web site

After the move to the new ISP and purchase of the vBulletin Forum the User Group has about negative $100.00 in the bank. Steve Klimas floated us a loan to keep the account open. I just received a $50.00 donation from PDG Hightower Inc., so we're at negative $50.00.

We were running on the funds left over from the old days when the Board Members actually ran a yearly user group meeting and made a little money for the group. The move to the new ISP is saving us about $400.00 a year. Our annual operational costs are about $200.00 a year for web hosting and fees to keep the non-profit user group corporation active.

I would like suggestions as to how to raise about $200.00 a year for the user group.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:03 AM

One possiblility would be to have the cost for a company listing on the website be an annual charge, rather than a one-time donation. Would probably work only if someone generated invoices to send to the advertisers. Maybe the current $50 first time fee, then a smaller amount "maintenance" charge. It's also easy to let the $50 donation slip through the cracks - I put our company listing on the board, printed out the invoice, then buried on my desk for six months! Steve Klimas' plea reminded me that I was negligent in my duties.
Old 10-30-2002, 12:17 PM

Bob,
The money that came from the National User Group in the past came from charging people to attend correct?
So could a minimal fee be charged to attendies of the local user group meetings, say $2.00, to help finance the site?
By announcing this charge, it might act as advertising for the site for the users that don't know about it or use it.
Just my two Euros worth,
Gary.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:12 AM

Lightbulb

A couple hundred bucks is only barely above rounding error for some of the big corporations represented here; one or a couple contributions from them seems way simpler than a mini- or micro-payment scheme.

It also seems like it would be enlightened self-interest for CoCreate to fund the operation. Perhaps the administrator could negotiate a discount on some recurring fees he pays for CoCreate software? They could put it under marketing or technical support expense. I don't know if that creates an unwanted conflict, but this is all about their software after all.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:57 AM

Fund raising opp.

I suggest that we ask all of the CoCreate software resellers to donate (or perhaps for a bit of advertising on a seperate page).

If you like the idea PM me and I can get a list of the resellers to you. I'd even be willing to solicit them for the site.

E-Buckner

CADD ADVANTAGE INC