CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 11:10 AM

Smooth font

I'm doing some 3D modeling for sheet metal parts to be cut in a laser cutting machine. As I add text to these parts that shall be cut away it turns out be quite "edgy" and not very smooth. A "C" consist of multiple straight lines instead of a nice spline. Does anyone know if there are any settings that can be changed to achieve a nicer smoother look. Or do I need to produce my own fonts reach my target?
I'm for the moment using True Type Fonts for my work, designed so that it works for the laser machine.

Grateful for some ideas...!

//Christian
Old 06-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Re: Smooth font

You might want to take a look at the NagaText add-on from www.nagasoftware.com . It provides more options for creating 3D text than standard Modeling and uses TrueType fonts. Here is an excerpt from their web page that implies you might get smoother results.

Quote:
nagaText uses nagaFont technology to create smooth, nonsegmented 2d and 3d geometric representations of True Type fonts. This technology has many advantages over the traditional segmented approach that has been used in legacy systems. For more information on nagaFont Technology

Tags
font, fonts, laser, true type