CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Solid Designer

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2002, 07:19 PM
Gert

Test the availabality of user defined features

Hello all, I need to be able to test the difference between 1. whether a user-defined-feature (with a known name connected to a known part) is available (so still shown in the browser), but not connected to a face, an edge or a vertice anymore and 2. the user-defined-feature is not attached to a the part at all (so not shown in the browser). The command (sd-inq-feature-components ...) makes no difference, it returns nil in both cases. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:11 AM
Dorothea

re: Test the availabality of user defined features

Hi Gert,

As far as I know a user-defined feature is deleted when it looses it's last reference. This would mean that the second case doesn't occur.
You could check the existance of a user-defined feature if you have the name of the parent part and the name of the feature with the function (sd-inq-part-named-features part). Parse the resulting list if a feature of the desired name is in the list or not.
This proposal is not very comfortable. Another possibility is to use the build in selector functionality. The syntax to select a user-defined feature you can for instance get with a recorder file. Start a recorder, double click the icon for an existing user-defined feature, stop the recorder and check the result with a text editor. Now replace the part and feature name with your names and pass the complete string to the dialog get_selection. A description for get_selection syntax you can find in the integration kit documentation. If the result is nil then the feature doesn't exist. In the other case you get a sel_item.

In principle your code could look like this:

(setf my-feature   (sd-call-cmds    (oli:get_selection      :focus_type oli:*sd-feature-seltype*      :select      :FULL_NAME :START_NAME "/cube" :FEATURE "feat1" :END_NAME      )))  

Hope this helps,
Dorothea

Old 10-16-2002, 09:58 PM
Gert

re: Test the availabality of user defined features

Hello Dorothea, Thanks for your reply, it helped me. Still 1 remark: a user-defined feature is not deleted when it looses it's last reference. Gert