CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Drafting

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 11:09 AM

dxf/dwg translator settings ...

Hi all ...

Hope your holidays a have been smooth and enjoyable .....

I have been having a problem with translating from .mi to .dxf/.dwg.

I am running version 2008 for both CoCreate Drafting and AutoCAD. The problem is, when the file is translated and opened in AutoCAD, the drawing scale is off. I have my drawing scale at "30/1" .... These are really small components .... and my units set to "inch". When the file is translated into AutoCAD, the drawing scale is "1/1", so naturally text and dimensions will be really large in AutoCAD.

I am getting hammered by the engineer. The engineer is taking the .dxf and opeing it through ME10 (Don't ask, I don't know why) and that is where the problems begin. The scaling comes out all messed up.

I have tried different unit settings within the dxfdwg.con file, but nothing seems to work.

I have attached a copy of my dxfdwg.con file for review ....

I know there have always been issues with the dxfdwg translator between ME10 and AutoCAD, but this is ridiculous.

Could someone please help me figure this out?

Kindest Regards and Best Wishes for a happy and prosperous 2009.
Paul ....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Current_DXFDWG.pdf (11.8 KB, 1293 views)
Old 12-30-2008, 12:03 AM

Re: dxf/dwg translator settings ...

The only scale-related setting in your dxfdwg.con file which I can see seems to be "Units", and that is set to "mm". But then, I know next to nothing about DXF conversion, so this could in fact be irrelevant for your case.

I guess you've already seen the recent discussion at http://cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7108 ?
Old 12-31-2008, 05:47 AM

Re: dxf/dwg translator settings ...

From the "Readme.htm" file that can be found in the dxfdwg install directory.....
Quote:
Parts in MI file format can have two different scale factors. Each part has its own scale factor, and each insertion of part has its own transformation matrix, where additional scale factor can be applied. On the other hand, only the insertions of blocks have the scale factor in DXF/DWG file format, while the blocks don't have their own scale factor. Because of differences in formats, both scale factors from MI file format are calculated into one scale factor, which is written into instance of DXF/DWG block. At backward translation scale factor is applied only to transformation matrix of part instance.

Tags
dxfdwg, translation