CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Solid Designer

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2002, 08:04 PM
marco

Data exchange problem

Hi folks,
I post this message in order to solve my problem in SD data exchange. I must to import some model from surface modeller, or to exchange some model with a rapid prototyping company. In the first case I always obtain only surfaces and I'm not able to do any operation in SD. In second case, probably my model is corrupted but SD doesn't give me any message and I don't know what can I do to repair my model.
Thanks Bye

Last edited by gmatelich; 04-01-2003 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:13 PM
Claus Brod

re: Data exchange problem

Marco,

to combine the surfaces into the solid, use the commands in the Surfacing menu. With some manual work, these should allow you to create valid solids in most cases.

I'm not sure if I understand your "second case". If OSD does not report any problems with the model, why do you assume that the model is corrupted? Did you try checking the part at maximum detail level? Are there certain modeling functions which do not work for this particular part? If so, what exactly doesn't work?

Claus
Old 10-15-2002, 05:40 PM
Marco

re: Data exchange problem

I suppose that my model is corrupted because when I export it (SD-->IGES) and I load it with other software some surfaces are not trimmed and inside the model I can found infinitesimal surfaces, some of these are like lines, curves. Do you have any tips or tricks to convert my model in iges format correctly. Thanks Ciao