CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Advisors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-1999, 03:50 AM
Tomas Linehan

Design Advisor Stress Analysis

I need to get access to a user's manual for Design Advisor, whether it be either hard or soft copy. Perhaps there is also a (HELP) reference site on the net to get help for Design Advisor or a public access server that could be mapped for to get access to S.D. / D.A. help I would also like to find out the range of elements ( Library of elements ),available within the package for Finite Element Stress Analysis, and all of the package's element capabilities in terms of e.g. Plane Stress & Plane Strain etc, etc. Is there an ability within Design Advisor to handle both brick and shell elements so as to reduce the mathematical computational capability of some other way to reduce the memory usage when doing an F.E. Analysis on a complex geometry. I would also like to know if when your in Design Advisor, and; you save your work as a package what gets saved such as solids, loads, boundary conditions, mesh and analysis etc, etc & etc ? Has the F.E.A. side of Design Advisor got the same capabilities as such packages as Ansys 5.5 and Pro-Mechanica etc, etc or has it more restricted uses because it is an Add-On Module to Solid Designer as opposed to an entire package within itself. I would be most grateful of any information in this area especially in terms of user manuals. Yours Sincerely; Tomas Linehan.
Old 07-10-2000, 02:30 AM
Mick

re: Design Advisor Stress Analysis

Hi Thomas, If you can find the "Student Kit" "H5383AA106" you will find these following information: SD/DA can produce 3 kind of elements: Tetrahedral (solid), Triad (surface) and quad (surface). On each kind of element, you can set the order to linear (node on the vertex only) or quadratic (node on vertex and at the mid point of each edge). SD/DA can only analyze solids elements. But you can produce a surface meshing for exporting in ANSYS, PATRAN or NASTRAN format. These is the type of analysis you can do with SD/DA: Linear Static (for stress and displacement) P-Linear Static (polynomial) Linear Static H-adaptive (Element size adaptive for higher accuracy Modal Analysis (for find natural frequencies) P-Modal (Modal with polynomial adaptive) Linear Buckling (for determine the critical load) I hope this can help you. Michel Gendron