CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Support > Data Exchange

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 02:10 AM

Question Data Exchange DXF to MI or ME30

Hello, I am a SolidDesigner v7 user and I can import only ME30 and MI 2D files. My other CAD systems can export only to DXF and ME10. Can somebody help me translate my DXF files to MI or ME30? Or convert ME10 to ME30?
Thank you
Old 10-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Re: Data Exchange DXF to MI or ME30

Your question is somewhat confusing. "MI" is the native file format for 2D drawings created in ME10, ME30 and Annotation. If your "other CAD systems can export only to DXF and ME10", then they should be able to export MI files which are the ME10 file format. Once you have an MI file you should be able to read it into any CoCreate application. However, you may have a problem with versions. SolidDesigner 7 is pretty old and may not read newer version MI files. Success may depend on what version of MI your other CAD systems export.

If you have SolidDesigner you should also have Annotation. Recent versions of Annotation can import DXF files and save them as MI files, but I don't know about version 7.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:30 AM

Unhappy Re: Data Exchange DXF to MI or ME30

Hi !!!!
To interchange data with my customer we need to generate .MI files out of DXF and CorelDesigner. Can you help me with a converter (freeware please) or something similar from cocreate?

2. is it possible to read dxf/plt to a layer in OSD?

Thanks Thomas
Old 02-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Re: Data Exchange DXF to MI or ME30

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidburn View Post
Hi !!!!
To interchange data with my customer we need to generate .MI files out of DXF and CorelDesigner. Can you help me with a converter (freeware please) or something similar from cocreate?

2. is it possible to read dxf/plt to a layer in OSD?
1. I'm not aware of any freeware that will convert DXF to MI. Drafting comes with a DXF/DWG to MI converter but I don't know if CoCreate sells it separately. You can load DXF files into Drafting then save them as MI. I don't know anything about the CorelDesigner format.

2. Drafting does have some layer support but I have always found it confusing and hard to use. You cannot load a DXF file directly into a Layer, but can load one into a subpart using File/Load File. Once loaded into a subpart I think you could add everything in that subpart into a layer.