CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Modeling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 09:36 AM

Thumbs up PTC/USER World Event 2008 - Summary

Summary of the Event
  • The launch of CoCreate 2008 (May 19th) was announced in the opening Innovation Showcase presentation by CTO Jim Heppelmann – followed by a product demonstration from CoCreate Product Manager David Szostak
  • Thirty-nine dedicated CoCreate customers attended PTC/USER World Event 2008
  • Six of our largest North American customers who use CoCreate products worldwide attended the event: Agilent Technologies, Avago Technologies, Fisher Controls, Hewlett Packard, Intermec, and Molex
  • Four award-winning design firms who use CoCreate Modeling as their primary 3D CAD system attended the event: ID Group, Pulse Global, RKS, and Wagic Design
  • Two dedicated rooms for CoCreate customers: 11 presentations and 4 hand-on training sessions
  • Over 50 people attended the main CoCreate presentations, which included non-CoCreate customers
  • Attendance at the CoCreate booth was beyond expectation, thanks to our location on the exhibit floor, with someone always waiting to get demonstration of CoCreate products
  • Five customers attended the CoCreate Modeling Advanced Course on the optional paid training day on Thursday, June 5th
  • From the perspective of our customers and the CoCreate staff… PTC, along with the PTC/USER organization, welcomed CoCreate to event with open arms
  • Non-CoCreate customers wished for a beginners training session on CoCreate products such as CoCreate Modeling
  • Non-CoCreate customers asked for an introduction session on the differences between an explicit versus a parametric approach to 3D design
Customer Quotes

James OsbornLawrence Berkeley National Laboratories
“I really appreciated the opportunity to see and hear from PTC about their plans for CoCreate products in the future. I was encouraged by the responses to all the CoCreate user's concerns about the future direction of CoCreate Modeling and CoCreate Model Manager at PTC”.

Andy PoulsenAspiration Innovation
“I really enjoyed the conference. The informational sessions were very worthwhile, presenting effective ways to get even more out of CoCreate. There were also ample opportunities for one-on-one conversations with end users: we explored how they use CoCreate and discussed how Aspiration Innovation might enhance their work.”

Scott FaulknerPhoenix Contact Inc.
“I found the PTC/USER World Event extremely valuable and helpful. The networking was critical for me. I expect to attend next year's event, and I hope to bring more people so that we can expand our knowledge base.”

Kurt BotsaiRKS
“It was great to see you and the whole CoCreate team there. It has been way too long. Now that CoCreate is part of PTC I hope we can all get together a lot more.”

Greg GonzalesAgilent Technologies
“I really appreciate how warmly PTC/USER, PTC, the CoCreate team, and the other attendees embraced and incorporated us into the event. I think it really got things off on the right foot and set the stage for productive relationships in the future. It was really great to connect, or re-connect, with some of the other CoCreate users from around the world. There was a good sense of camaraderie, and it was quite interesting to hear more about their specific challenges and solutions.”

Pictures
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1272 Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1273 Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1274 Click image for larger version

Name:	17.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1276 Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1277

Last edited by dszostak; 06-26-2008 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Added company hyperlinks
Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 AM

More pictures...

Click image for larger version

Name:	19.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	1278 Click image for larger version

Name:	25.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1279 Click image for larger version

Name:	26.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1281 Click image for larger version

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	1282 Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1283
Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 AM

Thumbs up Re: PTC/USER World Event 2008 - Summary

19th Annual PTC/USER World Event 2008 Draws Record Attendance

The 19th annual PTC/USER World Event welcomed members of the CoCreate® user community attending the conference for the first time and included the launch of ProductView™ 9.1 and CoCreate® 2008. Additionally, attendees were introduced to Windchill ProductPoint, the new PTC SharePoint®-based solution for capturing, handling, and sharing product development information.

The PTC/USER World Event 2009 will be held in Orlando, FL, USA ~ June 7-10, 2009.

Read the press release.

Tags
ptc/user world event