CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Support > System Administration

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 02:38 PM

CoCreate Locks Up

Hello All,
I am new to this forum and sorta new to CoCreate. I have been having a problem lately (the last two weeks or so) with CoCreate locking me up. There is no rhyme or reason and I can not duplicate it, but I can model and draft for a couple of hours and then it locks up. I have been looking at the Event Viewer (System) after this happens and it seems to have a Dhcp error. And when I go to Event Viewer (Application) I have a bunch of SQL, MSSQL and CoCreateLicenseServer errors.
What I mean by locking me up is that I can't get any windows to pop up... I go to the file pull down and can't get the window to come on top. If I even try to bring up the task manager...nothing. Even when I hit the Start on Windows, I get the all programs window to show but can't pick anything. Try to close out of CoCreate... nothing. Anybody know what gives?
I re-installed Modeling 16.50 and Windows XP and have all the updates from Windows installed too. Any help?

I am running Dell 3.0 GHz single core 32-bit processor, 4 mg RAM and 15,000 rpm Seagate HD, Nvidia FX1700 graphics card.

I run Pro/E with no trouble at all and did run CoCreate for weeks at a time with no trouble. What is up, it is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.
Tim
Old 10-15-2010, 05:48 AM

Re: CoCreate Locks Up

what do you use SQL Server for? Are you using Model Manager with SQL Server as your database? DHCP errors may indicate some type of network error, and if you are getting cocreate license server errors, I wonder if you are having some type of network error that is cutting off your cocreate license?
Old 10-15-2010, 07:55 AM

MRSTERO,
I don't know what SQL is or how it was loaded. I don't have a Model Manager at all. I use a single stand-alone machine that really doesn't even need a network. I do have a network running and I use that to store all past jobs on a NAS. Is it common to have CoCreate not run at all if I am not connected to the network? In other words, I unplug the cable from the router and I can not start CoCreate. I have the license on the machine I use, so it doesn't need a network at all. Or does it?

Tim
Old 10-15-2010, 09:50 AM

Hello Tim,

Unless your running a PDM application to store your models and drawings in like Model Manager and since you say that your license server runs on the same machine that your running Modeling and Drafting from then no you do not need to be hooked into the network for Modeling and Drafting to run.

Couple of questions what versions of the applications are you running and is your Dell a workstation or a laptop and what model is it?

Regards,
Thom
Old 10-15-2010, 10:57 AM

It sounds like you may have DNS issues.
Ping your own computer by name, then perform an nslookup on your computer name and compare the results.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:07 AM

[QUOTE=Thom Ivancso;23835]Hello Tim,

Couple of questions what versions of the applications are you running and is your Dell a workstation or a laptop and what model is it?

Hi Thom,
Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure of which applications you are asking about, but I am running XP (SP3), CoCreate 16.50. It is a Dell workstation T3400. Tech support has hit on this next part...
Old 10-16-2010, 10:22 AM

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply. This is what tech support was leading to. I ping my computer and then nslookup and there is no existent domain Server: UnKown. Tech support was leading to that my modem may be assigning a DNS along with my router trying to do the same thing. These two preipherials are competing with each other and the system hangs. He explained it much better than I just did and I am going from memory and layman terms. He suggested to turn the DNS off at the modem and just have the router do it. That is the next adventure to try to figure out. Any help here?

I'm thinking I am out of the woods then this morning I turn on the system and I get this while running CoCreate only
OMP ABORT: CLEARING__KMP_REGISTERED_LIB env var failed (in a dos or shell window underneath CoCreate with the title explorer.exe)
What the H*LL?!? Now I am surfing for this and what this means. I find out about setting system environments (which I did) and it seems to be alright for now (going on six hours). I'm spending the rest of the day fixing up the old drawing board just in case....

Thanks,
Tim
Old 10-18-2010, 07:27 AM

Your system has issues. You neeed to contact an IT professional.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:42 AM

Thanks Mike, that is what I figured.