CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Enhancement Requests

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 12:18 PM

simplified BOM template

I've tried the standard formats, ISO, DIN, etc., but I'm unable to populate the position fields. Creating a BOM in Annotator, after scanning the model (no problem), then draw the BOM (no problem), the expected positioning flags aren't in the position column. Also, I am unable to populate the position flags with the default data from the scanned model. For a person not proficient in customization, it would be great to have a more user friendly method of creating a template and saving this as a personal or company default. I know once a template is registered, this can be done easily, but I can't register the file! I would just like to see the interface like a configurator, or a wizard. I'm unable to follow the customization help files, without an IT group this CAD guy has difficulty.

BOM creation is an extremely helpful tool that will be much improved with this enhancement.

Marc
Old 02-23-2010, 10:28 AM

Question Re: simplified BOM template

I'm not sure whether I understood you right...

Did you customized the BOM table layout and want to make that persistent? Is the FLAG NUMBER just missing in the bom table on the drawing?

I guess some screen shots (UI as well as the drawing) might be useful. The display table with the bom table (that piece of UI you can move around) should be included.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:57 AM

Re: simplified BOM template

I created a custom company layout and eventually found a way to add the flag numbers. It took me most of a whole workday, following the help as much as possible. It seems to me either the help file should be re-written, or the interface made easier. My suggestion would be a generic table, such as the ISO, DIN and company formats, with edit and save options for each column header. After making changes to the 3D model, annotator color codes views to indicate an update is available. It would also be helpful in the table to see pending changes.

My response doesn't do justice to the changes that are needed. There were too many times while I was figuring out how to make a simple table, that I had no idea what the next step should be. It was too complicated to create, then once created, to retrieve for subsequent drawings, and also modeling/annotation updates were a hassle. Sorry for my vagueness, there were just too many difficulties.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:01 AM

To put some clarity to my earlier request, I'm trying to configure a BOM with Modeling (annotation) 17.0, specifically adding a quantity field to the BOM layout. Since I've done this in version 16.50, I can't recall my steps. Ideally, screen shots of examples of adding fields in the help files would be a big help. In general, additional screenshots in the BOM help files would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:41 AM

Hope this helps:

-> BOM Menu

-> Layout Customization -> BOM -> "choose sketch layout"

-> select "text reference" -> Assign

-> choose "docu_bom_quantity" from bottom of list (there should be ???'s in value field)

-> close table window

-> select "accept changes"

Done, are you stuck somewhere in particular?

Bob Wing
CAD Manager
Old 05-06-2010, 10:08 AM

Bob,

a little detail was wrong with my process. I clicked "accept changes" before closing the window, and when I closed the window then clicked "accept changes" , that made the difference. Thanks, I got it to work just fine.

Marc