CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > General > Regional User Groups

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2002, 08:22 AM

Post Software issues brought up at Nov 13th Meeting

Below are the general issues that were brought up during the November user group and my follow up answers. I am still looking at a couple of issues that affected individual customers. If you had a question at the meeting that didn't get answered that day or here in my follow up, please feel free to contact me directly or post in the appropriate forum.

1. On a Sheet Metal part, user would like to dimension to reference point of punched feature.
Currently the reference point for the punch can only be added to a flat view in Annotator. For some punched features using the symmetry line command could recreate the reference point and allow dimensioning. Please enter an ER with CoCreate Support and/or add it to the requests here in the forums.

2. Printing a file in Annotator to Acrobat Distiller to create a PDF seems to confuse Annotator about what directory it is using. When a new file is loaded Annotator issues an error and file will not load.
This issue was recreated during meeting. Unforturnately during my investigation after the meeting I was unable to recreate the issue. Polaris should document the exact steps that cause this issue and submit to CoCreate Support.

3. Sheet Metal should allow hems with large gaps to not have a full radius bend. They should appear like two closely placed lips without the user having to manually create both lips.
This issue has been entered as an official enhancement request (BD4NJOZY2T3KPM) earlier in the year. It will be considered for implementation in version 12.

4. How does CoCreate's Rendering module compare with that of other CAD products.
OSDM rendering module provides one button creation of a photo-realistic image, but it does still require the user to have an understanding of lighting, composition and color. Though it does not provide primitives for background images, our rendering module is one of the easiest packages for mechanical engineers to use. If you are interested in the quick walk through of the rendering module, log into the eSupport Marketplace and go to Update Training. Under the OSDM heading, you will see all the update training for recent revisions and also a Surfacing Tutorial that is geared towards the industrial design process. Download this tutorial and look through it. The last two sections go over the basics of the Rendering module.

5. Annotator should have the ability to create a centerline for a slot.
This issue has been submitted to R&D in at least two separate enhancement requests (BFF66BNG2T3KPM and BDB0XPTW2T3KPM). It will be considered for implementation in version 12.