CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Support > Customization

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 07:43 AM

Please help. Need help modifying a recorder file

Hi, I am totally new programming macros. I have a project at work that requires me to use the recorder, but the finished recording is not exactly what I want. I used the recorder to go through a bunch of different configurations, but it goes between them too fast. I would love to have a 2-3 second delay between each configuration but I am not sure what to change in the code.

Here is the recorder code right now.

;; encoding: UTF-8
;%RECORDING-BEGIN at 14:31:00 03/08/2012
;%SD-VERSION: CoCreate Modeling 17.0 (x64 edition) (17.0.2.34)
;! Note, the contents of this file may not be supported by future versions of CoCreate Modeling.
preselect
cfn_activate_double_click_action :add_key :none :config :FULL_NAME :START_NAME "/For_Animation" :CONFIGURATION "anim1_at_0.00" :END_NAME complete
preselect
cfn_activate_double_click_action :add_key :none :config :FULL_NAME :START_NAME "/For_Animation" :CONFIGURATION "anim1_at_4.00" :END_NAME complete
preselect
cfn_activate_double_click_action :add_key :none :config :FULL_NAME :START_NAME "/For_Animation" :CONFIGURATION "config1a" :END_NAME complete
preselect
cfn_activate_double_click_action :add_key :none :config :FULL_NAME :START_NAME "/For_Animation" :CONFIGURATION "config1b" :END_NAME complete
preselect
cfn_activate_double_click_action :add_key :none :config :FULL_NAME :START_NAME "/For_Animation" :CONFIGURATION "config1c" :END_NAME complete
preselect
;%RECORDING-END at 14:31:15 03/08/2012[/code]
Old 03-12-2012, 08:55 AM

Re: Please help. Need help modifying a recorder file

When in doubt, read the help files.
You need to break the recording of your individual configurations into "sections"
You can playback your recording file by sections.

Quote:
The section Record allows the recording of a Creo Elements/Direct Modeling modeling session. Click the button Start to start recording. If no (or no valid) record filename was specified (see previous), you are asked to enter a filename. Additionally, the file browser is displayed.

If the specified file already exists, you are asked to click Overwrite, Append or Cancel. After a successful start of recording, the buttons Stop and Set Section are accessible. When you click Stop, the recording of the session finishes. Clicking Set Section generates `section entries' in the record file. These sections allow the playback of a record file `by section' (see following). You can set as many sections as you want while recording a session.

The section Playback allows the playback of existing record files. Before starting playback, you can specify the playback-mode by clicking the button Full File or By Section. If you click the Start button without having specified a record file, you are asked to enter a filename. (The filebrowser is displayed.)

If you play back a file in the Full File mode, the whole recorded session plays back. If you play back a record file by specifying By Section, the playback mechanism stops at each User Section. User Sections can be set while recording by pressing the Set Section button. At the point where playback stops at a section, you can either go on to the next section by clicking on Next Section, ito execute the rest of the record file by clicking on Finish, or to stop playback.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:51 AM

Re: Please help. Need help modifying a recorder file

I did read the help files...

Maybe I should have been more clear about what I am trying to do. I am ultimately trying to create a video of my part for a work presentation. I basically want to create a video that goes through several configurations WITHOUT having to click "next" to go to the next configuration.

I was thinking I could use the record file within CoCreate to get what I needed and then convert the .rec file to some other video format (like .avi) so that I could insert it into a powerpoint presentation. My problem is that since the recorder is a macro, it goes through each configuration without a pause.

I was hoping I could just modify the recorder code to get the pauses I was looking for and then covert the file from there.

Maybe the better solution is to just use a video recorder not embeded in CoCreate......

Tags
edit, recorder