CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Annotator

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2002, 08:44 AM
Stefano

perspective view

hi all there I asked it yet in the past, but I need update. In the latest Annotation version (we are working on 8.5) is still impossible to have perspective view?
Old 08-29-2002, 06:55 AM
Hector Luis Soto

re: perspective view

Hi Stefano: From the Solid Designer 3d module, click your right mouse bottom and go to viewport settings, in the viewport table under projection select perspective and them close the table. Go now to the Annotation module and click the View, the under view click general and when the table of direction 3d appear just click in the VP Dir and click inside the viewport that have the 3d solid in perspective and click ok. Just put in your sheet and them make a view update. I hope this can help.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:02 AM
Stefano

Hi Hector,,,is it for SD 8 or from what release? It doesn't work to me in SD 8.5. If it will work I will love SD hehe ciao
Old 09-06-2002, 01:42 PM
Jim McKim

Hector's method should work in 8.5. I'm running 11.5 and just tried it. The process and all the setting choices are in 8.5. What do you mean, specifically, when you say "it doesn't work for me..."? What happens? Do you see the perspective view in the 3d aux. viewport that comes up when you go to create the drawing or add the view? If not, you need to correct the viewport settings first, before creating the view.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:10 AM
Stefano

oops!,,,maybe it could be my misunderstand about my release. I checkedit, and it shows me 8.05 not 8.5!!!! It doesn't work by the 2D view update ever shows an assonometric view for any setting on aux 3D view. Can I use the 8.5 with the same 8.05 passwords? ty
Old 09-23-2002, 08:34 AM
Stefano

hello all I tried it several time on 9.01, but it still doesn't work. I have perspective view set on 3D SD view, also aux 3D view in Annotation is perspective and I got the VP Direction, but when I ask to update view, it is in the right direction, but it isn't a perspective view. It is a parallel view without focus point. I hope you can help me, maybe I'm going too older hehe
Old 10-14-2002, 11:32 AM
Jim McKim

Oops! You're right, Stefano: the perspective settings from the 3D viewport don't transfer to the 2d view. I misinterpreted my results previously, I guess. I looked through the Settings menu in View and don't see any way to control this factor. I think the only way I've ever created a perspective drawing is when I've done a screen capture to put it into MS Word. Sorry about misleading you!
Old 10-18-2002, 07:59 AM
Stefano

SOOB!!!!!! someone in the world can explain me why they want not to let Annotator makes perspective views? No dump screen could be like a great true 2D perspective drawing of your project. Since I worked on old ME30 it was the final reason for any project, I can believe nobody there has hearth for this!!! I'm sorry, it is a cryed of an old manual draftsman!!! Ciao
Old 10-18-2002, 08:01 AM
Stefano

SOOB!!!!!! someone in the world can explain me why they want not to let Annotator makes perspective views? No dump screen could be like a great true 2D perspective drawing of your project. Since I worked on old ME30 it was the final reason for any project, I can believe nobody there has hearth for this!!! I'm sorry, it is a cryed of an old manual draftsman!!! Ciao